1. Gilbert Ernest Swope, The Swope Family 1676-1896, T.B. & H.B
Cochran, Publishers, 68.
2. Emily Swope Morse and Winifred Morse McLachlan, "The Swope Family Book of Remembrance", pub.1972. 1397 pp. Unknown publisher. 300 limited editions., - Vol.1 from page 1299 to end, http://worldroots.com/~brigitte/swope/index.html OR http://worldroots.com/~brigitte, Brigitte Gastel Lloyd TRANSCRIBED ENTIRITY, Brigitte@qrz.com.
4. ìJohn Leinís will, see same under John LINE/Lein.î
5. Gilbert Ernest Swope, The Swope Family 1676-1896, T.B. & H.B Cochran, Publishers, 68, page 27.
6. Ibid. pp 27 et seq and Baptismal Cert [sites birth record in hands of descendants at time of publication].
7. Emily Swope Morse and Winifred Morse McLachlan, "The Swope Family Book of Remembrance", pub.1972. 1397 pp. Unknown publisher. 300 limited editions., - Vol.1 from page 1299 to end, http://worldroots.com/~brigitte/swope/index.html OR http://worldroots.com/~brigitte, Brigitte Gastel Lloyd TRANSCRIBED ENTIRITY, Brigitte@qrz.com, chapter 5.
8. ìThe Witmeyer Family-Online Tree,î Steve Embree firstname.lastname@example.org www.duke.edu/~sre3, http://www.duke.edu/~sre3/witmeyer/MyHTMLFiles/index.html, viewed 061701 Largely unsourced at location, email@example.com www.duke.edu/~sre3.
9. Ibid. Unsourced at location.
10. Ibid. UNSOURCED at location.
11. Ibid. Velten herchelrad.
12. ìJohn Leinís will, see same under John LINE/Lein.î Valentine HERCHELROD.
13. Emily Swope Morse and Winifred Morse McLachlan, "The Swope Family Book of Remembrance", pub.1972. 1397 pp. Unknown publisher. 300 limited editions., - Vol.1 from page 1299 to end, http://worldroots.com/~brigitte/swope/index.html OR http://worldroots.com/~brigitte, Brigitte Gastel Lloyd TRANSCRIBED ENTIRITY, Brigitte@qrz.com, ch 5.
Back to LINE
JOHN LINE's WILL AS GIVEN IN SWOPE BOOK OF REMEMBRANCE
In the Name of God Amen. The Eleventh day of August in the Year of our Lord one Thousand Seven hundred and forty six: I John Lyne of Laycock in the County of Lancaster and Province of Pensilvania Yeoman being very Sick and weak in Body but of perfect Mind and Memory, Thanks be given unto God therefore calling unto lMind the Mortality of my Body and knowing that it is appointed for all Men once to Dye to make and ordain this my last Will and Testament. That is to say principally and first of all I give and recommend my Soul into the hands of God that gave it and for my Body I Recommend it to the Earth to be buried in a Christian like and Decent Manner at the Discretion of my Executors nothing doubting but at the General Resurrection I shall receive the same again by the mighty power of God. And as touching such worldly Estate wherewith it has pleased God to bless me in this life I Give Devise and Dispose of the Same in the following Manner & form - Imprimis: It is my Will and I do order that in the first place all my just Debts and Funeral Charges be paid and Satisfeyed - Item Is my will that Veltin Herchelrod one of my Sons in Law, who has received fifteen pound in money on Stead of the Ten Pistoles which I promised to my Daughter Eva to give to by her Marriage shall give five pounds thereof to my Estate again/: - Item I bequeath to the children of my Daughter Barbara wife of John Jacob Weidler being in Germania yet Sixty Ducates to be pd. to them out of my Estate. /.- Item It is my Will that the rest of my Estate shall become to my Grand Children in the Province (that is to say) to the children of my sons, viz. John Michel Line John Line and Jacob Line and to the Children of my Daughter Dorethea (lately the wife of John Swope) deceased, and to the Children of my Daughter Eva the Wife of Velten Herchelrad, and it shall be divided among them according te the following manner - that is to say - Each of my Grand Children shall have an equal Share of my Estate whatsoever one as much as the other, to them which are alive now, or shall or may be born in the Time to come, and for this Reason my Estate must not be wholly Divided among my Grand Children soon after my decease but part thereof must be kept back by my Executors or Guardians to my Grandchildren for such a Use till none be expected more. And if one or more of my Grand Children shall come te marry and I should give some Money to them, then shall the same Grand Child or Grand Children pay Interest During my Life and the sd Interest shall be put to my Estate - And if one or more of my sd. Grand Children should Die without Children then shall such a Share or Shares fall to their brethren and sisters as Naturall Heirs and not to all of my Grand Children . /. - Item is my Will that if one or more of my Grand Children would not be Satisfeyed with the Share which shall become to him in Dividing of my Estate after nie aboves(d). Manner and Dispute about it or should Quarrel Such one shall have only a Shilling Sterling which shall be to him in full of all Claims or Demands, and I do absolutely debarr such one and cut them off from all and every other Claims to my Estate. Item my own Children named John Michel Lyne, John Lyne, Jacob Lyne an the Sons have already received what I was willing to give to them I gave to each of them Three hundred acres of land and to the Daughters Dorothea Barbara & Eva I gave their parts in Money to them, therefore is my Will that my G. Children shall be Satisfeyed by it.. /. - Item I gave and bequeath to a poor blind Man named David living in -
in Erltown at Abraham Dears at present, my wearing Coat, and Three Shillings shall annualy be given to him out of my Estate During my Life - And I Nominate and apoint my two Sons In Law Viz. John Swope, and Valentine Herchelrod to be the Executors of this my last Will and Testament and to be Guardians over my Estate. And I do hereby utterly disallow revoke and disannul all and every other former Wills Testaments Legacies & Executors by me in any ways before this time Named willed and bequeathed Ratifying this and Confirming this and no other to be my last Will and Testament İİIN WITNESS whereof I have hereunto Set my Hand and Seal the Day and Year first above written.
Signed Sealed Published Pronounced and Declared by the s(d), John Lyne as his last Will and Testament in presence of us the Subscribers - J. Jacob Beyerle - Hanss Roland.his
Back to LINE Descendancy