1 Barbara [Maria Barbara] [Anna Maria Barbara] EICHELBERGER1,2,3,4,5
Children of Maria Eichelberger and Andrew (Andreus) HOKE [Surnamed HOKE) :
Sources For This Page
Eichelberger Geneology Webpages, mounted byJoAnn Eichelberger Bauer
[ firstname.lastname@example.org] . This is part of a meticulously sourced
and collaborative Eichelberger website found on line and extremely
valuable to Eichelberger research.URL to this family group is [http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~jodiem/Philip.Fred'k.Fm.Grps.2.htm#Eich.P.F.1693].
Children with detail are alloted their own pages, and own sources and the
reader is encouraged to access this site for the data.
*Sources for this family group [Phillip Frederick Eichelberger and wife/children, given at end of page presenting family are [again, each child researched contains their OWN page and sources in addition] : 1. Canfield, Clifford R.; My German (Swiss/French?) Ancestors VI: (Phllippi, Eichelberger And Allied Families); Published independently by Clifford R. Canfield; 1997. [reprinted with permission of the author 08-17-99] 2. Records of Trinity Lutheran Church, Lancaster, PA. 3. York County, PA. Court House: a) Unrecorded Will of Philip Fred'k. Eichelberger; dtd. 05 Feb 1776; probate 02 Oct 1776. b) Book H;110 : Will of Magdalena Eichelberger, dtd. 17 Nov 1789; probated 30 Apr 1790. 4. Pennsylvania Archives, 2nd Series; Vol. IX; p. 139: marriage of Anna Margaretha and Hans George Noes. 5. Eichelberger, A. W., Philip Frederick Eichelberger and his descendants - 1693 - 1900; genealogical record; p. 4; biographical section, p. 19 (Smyser family).6. The Private Record of Jacob Lischy, V.D.M. 1743-1769; Translation; pp. 80; 130.
Records: Adams, Berks & Lancaster Counties, Pennsylvania 1729-1881
Date: Jun 27, 1762
Record ID: 133167
Location: Adams Co., PA
Church: Lutheran Record, Adams Co., PA
Remark: Maria Clara daughter of Andreas Hoch and Maria Barbara. Sponsors: Conrad Schwob and Maria Clara.[The sponsors were parents of Adam SWOPE who would marry the daughter of Maria Clara HOCH[ the child and future mother being baptized]
3.. Biography of A W Eichelberger as found in York County, Pennsylvania Biographical History [database online]. Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2000. Original data: Edit: Gibson, John. History of York County, Pennsylvania. Chicago: F.A. Battey Publishing Co., 1886. [Ancestry.com. Library]. This bio on his great grandson A W yields information on the subject's great grandfather, Our Phillip Friederich EICHELBERGER and A W Eichelberger's bio is given its own page for its geneological and historical merit to other researchers. .
K. Spangler III, ýThe Spangler Family Genealogy Page,ţ http://www.spanglers.info/
mainpage when sought in Nov 2002, http://www.txdirect.net/~spangler/ when
viewed 120800, email@example.com. [ See also sources numbered 9
and 10 upon which this site sometimes
relies in these early American generations and where this entry is also
5. ýThe Hoke Family,ţGedcom from Jack Hoke in which some entries are sourced to the book which follows. This source should be considered as Gedcom recieved from Jack Hoke April 2001. Loose reference for some entries may include the tome "In the Name of God Almighty, Amen. I ... HOKE Bequeath" Jean A. Berlekamp/Hope L. McConnell, compilers. Echo Press, Green Springs, OH, 1980 . Jack HOKE is a frequent contributor to Hoke forums and a longtime researcher of the lines, and his generosity in sharing his data is greatly appreciated. In the absence of secure and firm documentation to the worthy tome mentioned above in which to compare data and primary source, entries sourced to this footnote # must be considered unverified but probable.
6. The Private Record of Jacob Lischy, V.D.M. 1743-1769; 15 Jan 1743 [baptised lancaster, see baptism entry].Source also cited in group citation source #1 herein
7. Emily Swope Morse and Winifred Morse McLachlan, "The Swope Family Book of Remembrance", produced in 300 limited editions1972.Volume II.
8. [ bef 10 Mar 1817
Jeffersontown, Jefferson Co., KY.. Administration of the Estate of Barbara
Hoke was granted Mar.10, 1817 to Jacob Hoke.]. cited by Jack Hoke
in Gedcom download 042701, Jack HOKE is a frequent contributor
to Hoke forums and a longtime researcher of the lines
9. Edward W. Spangler, The Annals of the Families of Caspar, Henry, Baltzer and George Spengler, York, Pennsylvania: The York Daily Publishing Co., 1896., p 324. [Genforum Library]
10. . "Maria Clara HOKE." The Spengler Families 1150-1196, viewed by D M Swope, Appears to be the Annals of the Spengler family, given own footnote 9 herein which was viewed by me, page 40
11. Edward W Spangler of York, Pa is sourced by Gilbert E Swope on page 381 of his book The Swope Family 1676-1896 in reference to Lydia Spangler. Gilbert states Edward ýhas written a very compete history of that family from which the (above) is takenţ. Lydia Spangler's ascendancy is then included.
12. Will abstract
of Henry SPENGLER. Maria Clara Hoke (1762-1818) appears as Clara in her
husbandÝs will abstract
13. Philip Frederick Eichelberger.Info from ýFamily is where it all begins,ţwebpage by Gary Welker ©1999-2001. ,Detail on Eichelberger, URL for same [http://home.att.net/~cnev/np41.html] Sourced at Location- sources cited are: Eichelberger, A. W., Philip Frederick Eichelberger and his descendants - 1693 - 1900; Hanover Press, 1901; genealogical record p. 68; biographical section, p. 142-3., American Volunteer (newspaper of Carlisle, PA.); Marriage notice of Fred'k. Eichelberger "of the Senate" and Catharine Baker., Pennsylvania Vital Records; Vol. II; p. 637: Frederick Eichelberger Esq. m. Catharine Baker 29 Sep 1821; published The Lancaster Journal., Records of Franklin Cem., Franklin Twp., York Co., PA.; transcript: a) Col. Frederick, d. at Frederick MD. 05 Sep 1836; age 53-7-11., b) Margaret Elizabeth, dau. of Frederick & Catherine, dts. as above, d. age 8-5-22. c) Catharine Baker, wf. of Frederick, dts. as above; "d. in her 88th year"., EICHELBERGER LEONARD York County PA 193 Monaghan Township Federal Population Schedule PA 1810 Federal Census Index PAS1a989259
4. ýLink to source on Web:,ţ unsourced GEDCOM http://www.8ung.at/dkolb/dat165.htm#10.
14. ýThe Hoke Family,ţGedcom from Jack Hoke received april 2001. Jack Hoke is a frequent contributor to Hoke forums and a longtime researcher of the lines
Magdelena EICHELBERGER's Will Date: 17 Nov 1789 Prove Date: 30 Apr 1790
Remarks: Eichelberger, Magdalena. Nov. 17, 1789. Executor: Jacob
Eichelberger. Hanover Township.
Children: Ludwick, Jacob and Leonard.
Grandchildren: Gloria, Barbara, and Elizabeth Hoke, children of Andrew Hoke, mother's name not given; Catharine Smyser, daughter of Jacob Smyser,
mother's name not given; Frederick and Magdalena Eichelberger, children of Ludwick.
Lineages, Inc., comp. York County, Pennsylvania Wills, 1749-1819. [database online] Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2000. Original data: York County Wills.
Originals housed at the York County Archives.
|Top of Page
To Our American Immigrants
|Within The Vines Homepage|